The Leadership Coaching for Organizational Performance (LCOP) at American University is an executive coaching program that is ideal for anyone who seeks to become an external executive coach, an internal coach, or a leader who wants to set him or herself apart by consistently bringing out the best in employees.
Why Enroll in this program?
- Our coaches bring out the best in employees which translates to improved productivity and business performance.
- American University is a leader in professional adult education. Heidrick & Struggles is a leader in management consulting. Our partnership gives you the best of both worlds.
- Join a close-knit network of leadership coaches united by a common mission--to make a difference in people's lives.
Our LCOP program is accredited by ICF as an Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP). The International Coach Federation (ICF) is the largest accrediting body for institutional executive coaching programs. They require Coach Training Programs to go through a rigorous application and accreditation process, resulting in programs that are recognized throughout both the coaching industry and by those who hire coaches.
Tuition and Costs
Fall 2020 classes start September 9
Fall classes are 100% online
Online and Interactive
Classes meet online, once a month, for two- or three full-day blocks. This provides the students the perfect balance between world-class instruction, real-world networking and work-life balance.
In addition to 12 full days of in-class instruction, learning is enhanced by weekly telephone conference calls, assigned readings, and journaling.
Fall 2020 Cohort Dates
- Session 1
- September 9, 10, 11
- Session 2
- September 29, 30
- Session 3
- October 20, 21
- Session 4
- November 10, 11
- Session 5
- December 8, 9, 10
- Classes meet in-person once a month for two- or three-day blocks, and instruction lasts from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- In addition to 12 full days of in-class instruction, learning is supplemented by weekly telephone conference calls, assigned readings, and journaling. Full-Day attendance to these twelve sessions is required to earn the certificate.
- Students begin to practice coaching after the second module and record their coaching sessions to receive individual feedback from faculty members and accredited coaches to help them improve and further develop their coaching skills.
American University is centrally located in the Washington Metro Area and offers convenient on-site parking and access to public transportation.
Explore the program through the eyes of alumni and instructors.
Sample Attending Companies
Central Intelligence Agency - Department of Defense - Department of the Navy - Department of Education - PricewaterhouseCoopers - IBM - Booz Allen Hamilton - Merck - Johnson & Johnson - Morgan Stanley - NASA - Nestle - Pepsico - ESPN - Chase - Capital One - Sanofi - Otsuka - Novartis